Effective Date: January 31, 2020
1. What Personal Information We Collect About You
We collect Personal Information about you when you provide it to us, when you use our Services, and when other sources provide it to us, as further described below.
- Information You Provide To Us
We collect Personal Information about you when you input it into the Services or otherwise provide it directly to us.
We collect Personal Information that you give us by filling in paper forms or data fields on our websites, or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide to us when you complete a contact form, register on our website, or subscribe to Life360 Innovations communications, or purchase our products. The information you give us may include your name, year of birth, race and ethnicity, contact information (i.e. shipping address, email address, phone number, email), and contact preferences. To the extent necessary to process a payment, you may also give us certain of your financial information, including credit card information.
- Personal Information We Collect Automatically When You Use The Services
When you use the Services, we (or a third-party designated by us) may automatically record certain Personal Information from your device by using various types of technology, including cookies, “clear gifs” or “web beacons.” This automatically collected information may include your IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites visited just before or just after using the Service, the pages or other content you view or interact with on the Service, and the dates and times of the visit, access, or use of the Service. We also may use these technologies to collect information regarding your interaction with email messages, such as whether you open, click on, or forward a message. You may limit the automatic collection of certain information by our Service, for instance by disabling the cookies using your browser options. Please be aware that by doing so it may prevent you from using specific features on our Service, such as receiving newsletters. We use automatically collected information and other information collected on the Service through cookies and similar technologies to:
- personalize our Services, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during a visit or on subsequent visits;
- provide customized advertisements, content, and information;
- monitor and analyze the effectiveness of Services and third party marketing activities;
- monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and
- track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities on the Services.
- Personal Information We Receive From Other Sources
We receive Personal Information about you from other Service users, from third-party services, from our related companies, and from our business and channel partners.
- Other users of the Services: Other users of our Services may provide Personal Information about you. For example, we may receive your email address from other Service users when they provide it in order to refer you to the Services;
- Life360 Partners: We work with a global network of partners who provide consulting, implementation, training and other services around our products. Some of these partners also help us to market and promote our products, generate leads for us, and resell our products. We receive Personal Information from these partners, such as name, billing information, contact information, what products you may be interested in, evaluation information you have provided, what events you have attended, and what country you are in; and
- Other Partners: We receive Personal Information about you and your activities on and off the Services from third-party partners, such as advertising and market research partners who provide us with information about your interest in and engagement with our Services and online advertisements.
2. How We Use Personal Information We Collect
We take steps designed to ensure that only those employees who need access to your Personal Information to fulfil their employment duties will have access to it. How we use the Personal Information we collect depends in part on which Services you use, how you use them, and any preferences you have communicated to us. We use Personal Information we hold about you only for permitted purposes, in accordance with applicable national or local data protection laws and applicable provisions of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GOPR). Below are the specific purposes for which we use the Personal Information we collect about you:
- To operate, maintain, enhance and provide all features of the Services, to provide the Services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions and to provide support to users of the Services;
- To understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the Services, and to develop new products, services, feature, and functionality;
- To provide information to competent regulatory authorities in geographies Life360 or its’ partners operate, which support various regulatory submissions and reporting requirements;
- To verify accounts and activity, to monitor suspicious or fraudulent activity and to identify violations of Service policies;
- To review and assess your job application;
- To send you communications; or
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements, where applicable.
3. Legal bases for processing (for EEA users)
If you are an individual in the European Economic Area (EEA), we collect and process Personal Information about you only where we have legal bases for doing so under the GDPR. The legal bases depend on the Services you use and how you use them. This means we collect and use your Personal Information only where:
- We need it to provide you the Services, including to operate the Services, provide customer support and personalized features and to protect the safety and security of the Services;
- It satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as for research and development, to market and promote the Services and to protect our legal rights and interests;
- You give us consent to do so for a specific purpose;
- We need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation; or
- If you have consented to our use of Personal Information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place. Where we are using your Personal Information because we or a third party (e.g. your employer, your healthcare professional) have a legitimate interest to do so, you have the right to object to that use though, in some cases, this may mean no longer using the Services.