The Impact of Male Bladder Incontinence
According to a Urinary Bladder Survey, 1 in 6 Canadian males over 40 suffer from bladder incontinence, yet many don’t seek the help they need. For some men, the impact of persistent urinary incontinence can lead to lowered self-esteem, reduced quality of life and avoidance of activities they once enjoyed, particularly if UI began as a result of prostate cancer surgery. In an attempt to mask bladder leaks, many men turn to bulky pads and absorbent garments which can cause further self-consciousness due to odours and an unsightly appearance under clothing.
The impact of urinary incontinence on a man’s well-being can vary between men. However, some men who experience involuntary leakage feel ashamed and embarrassed about their symptoms and alter their lifestyles accordingly. For instance:
- Avoiding exercise – Heavy lifting or cardio activities can trigger UI
- Diminished social life – Men who experience UI may distance themselves from social specific situations and relationships.
- Reluctance to travel – Plane trips, cruises or spending a weekend away is all made more difficult when dealing with male bladder incontinence.
How Contino® Can Help
Contino®, a Health Canada-Licensed Urethral Insert Device, has helped many men reduce the symptoms of bladder incontinence, and in some cases, eliminate leaking altogether. Here’s how Contino® has helped many men regain their freedom:
- This small, inconspicuous device is self-inserted into the urethra, helping to prevent leakage and alleviate symptoms of UI. Each time you use the bathroom, Contino® is removed and can be re-inserted afterward. A single device lasts 30 days.
- Contino® can give men back the freedom to enjoy exercise, social activities, and traveling, as they did before UI.
- Some men have even eliminated the use of pads and absorbent garments completely thanks to Contino®.
- Contino® can provide freedom from uncomfortable clamps and collection devices.
- A Contino® monthly subscription is a cost-effective way to deal with bladder incontinence, and many men find it far cheaper than the cost of pads such as Depends. With a Contino® monthly subscription, you’re never without the protection you need.
Life After Contino®
It all starts with acknowledging the impact UI has had on your daily life, social life, and mental health. After taking this step, you’ll see exactly why so many men have found Contino® to be a game-changer in their lives and just how much better they feel since using it. Whether their urinary incontinence developed as a post-op side effect or slowly increased with age, Contino® users have said: It all starts with acknowledging the impact UI has had on your daily life, social life, and mental health. After taking this step, you’ll see exactly why so many men have found Contino® to be a game-changer in their lives and just how much better they feel since using it. Whether their urinary incontinence developed as a post-op side effect or slowly increased with age, Contino® users have said:
- “I don’t even know it’s there.”
- “Life is the same now as it was before my surgery.”
- “I thought I would feel it, but no, I’m comfortable and happy.”
Above all, most men who suffer from incontinence are thankful to have a reliable, comfortable product that can provide them with relief from their symptoms and allow them to get on with their lives.